RosEco Package Graph
View Graph Here
- View a directed graph of ROS packages linked by dependencies.
- Narrow the view by setting a single package as a focus, and setting the number of recursive dependency generations to view.
- Transitive edge reduction, removing redundant relations from the current view.
- Tree view, ranking dependencies by generation and removing all indirect edges.
- Color packages by any of several data metrics, using a heatmap color scheme.
Things to try:
- The following items are to help familiarize you with the interface.
- Changing the focus and adjusting the sliders.
- Switching edge reduction from Standard to Tree. Disabling is not recommended on large graphs.
- Selecting packages (click, ctrl-click, shift-click, context menu) and hiding them via the context menu.
- "Link to Current Settings" to save your current view configuration or share it with other users.
- Make sure to hit Apply after changing settings.
- Health: based on number of open Github tickets and response times. Doesn't reflect well on some nodes it should.
- Impact: based on number of packages that depend on this one, including recursively. Each degree of removal halves the weight.
- Runtime: based on live data recorded by RosKomodo. Hasn't been normalized yet, so coloration is binary.
- No distinction between Run, Build, and Buildtool dependencies.
- Some context menu options are broken. Only first author is listed.
- Which features are useful? Which aren't?
- What's missing? New metrics you'd like to see?
- Send me an email at email@example.com with your thoughts.
Credit goes to my teammates Thomas Thornton and Will Curran for metrics and data, and to Dr. Bill Smart.
This project was developed by Ben Arvey, based on XTrace by Jonathan Mace, to whom I owe many thanks.